“Progressive Movement Training” (PMT)
Maximize performance, prevent injury, and become a better athlete with our elite sports performance programs under the supervision of Mike Blackgrove MSA, NSCA CPT. in conjunction with our staff athletic trainers.
Our sports performance programs start off with our staff athletic trainers and provide individualized 1-on-1 biomechanical and movement assessment. This allows us to create the perfect customized program based on your goals, needs, sport, and current ability. We focus on complete athletic development combining mobility, agility, strength, power, and endurance into one complete program, with emphasis on the areas you need to perform well in your specific sport.
To build the complete athlete, you need to focus on all aspects of performance. Other programs often focus on only a handful of these attributes, which can lead to suboptimal performance, or worse, injury. By focusing on complete athletic development, you are assuring that you address all your weaknesses and maximize your strengths. This is especially important for athletes that play multiple sports, each with unique needs.
Additionally, Spectrum Physical Therapy & Athletic Training LLC provides outreach athletic training services to local secondary schools, colleges, and professional athletes. Our Athletic Trainers are board certified and licensed healthcare professionals who specialize in preventing, evaluating, managing, and rehabilitating injuries that result from physical activity. As part of a complete healthcare team, the athletic trainer works under the direction of a licensed physician and in cooperation with other professionals such as school nurses, physical therapists, athletics administrators, coaches, and parents.
Our programs are based on the same programs we use for our professional athletes and have been scientifically proven to enhance performance and prevent injuries.
You can schedule your training sessions at time slots convenient to you. We have several options available throughout the day, but they do fill up fast. You will perform your program in a team environment with other athletes, but we will customize your program based on your level and needs. This makes our environment fun and dynamic, while still allowing us to offer you plenty of individualized attention. We will advance your program throughout the season to assure you continue to make progress and maximize performance.
OUR PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Sport Specific Training – Programs based on the unique needs of your specific sport.
- Total Body Strength –Total body strength training that integrates the upper body, lower body, and core into a program that focuses on enhancing functional movements like squatting, hinging, lunging, pushing, and pulling.
- Explosive Power –Development of vertical, linear, lateral, and rotational explosiveness through the use of plyometrics, jump training, medicine balls, kettlebells, and Olympic lifting.
- Speed and Agility –Training to develop linear speed, lateral speed, change of direction, landing technique, acceleration, and deceleration through speed technique drills and running mechanics instruction.
- Core Stability –Integration of core stability, strength, and power to maximize movement efficiency and power transfer.
- Mobility and Flexibility –Development of proper total body mobility through self-myofascial release, foam rolling, stretching, and dynamic movement prep.
- Endurance –Sport-specific conditioning to enhance quick sprints, long runs, and total game endurance.
- Injury Prevention –Focus on correcting specific imbalances, enhancing mobility issues, arm care, jumping and landing training.
“Progressive Movement Training” (PMT) & Spectrum Wellness Training programs are for those looking to maximize their results, take their fitness to the next level, or with specific needs. Clients start off with 1-on-1 strategy session and an individualized assessment. This allows us to create the perfect customized program based on your goals, needs, and current ability.
We help you achieve your goals through a program that can be customized for any age or ability level. We focus on combining mobility, agility, strength, power, and endurance into one complete program. We also offer specialized options for general fitness, weight-loss, sports performance, strength training, weightlifting, kettlebell training, and more depending on your specific goals.
You can schedule your training sessions at times convenient to you. We have times available throughout the day. Each time you come in; we will help you through your unique program in a small semi-private environment. There will be a few other clients performing their own program too, but it is important to us to keep the group small. This makes our environment fun and dynamic, while still allowing us to offer you plenty of individualized attention. We will advance your program for you about every 4 weeks depending on how well you are doing.
This is our most popular membership and the perfect option for those looking to get the best results or for those with unique goals or needs.
“Progressive Movement Training” (PMT) & Spectrum Wellness are highly skilled to offer the latest cutting-edge fitness options to help you achieve your goals. Look better in that dress. Move and feel better throughout the day at work. Get stronger and perform better on the weekends.
We emphasize an individualized approach that includes a thorough biomechanical assessment of how the body moves and functions. We then design a customized program delivered by a skilled team in a dynamic small group-training environment. This produces amazing results for a wide variety of people with a safe, fun, and effective program specific for your needs.
You also get access to our renowned physical therapists to help you enhance your performance or return from an injury.
We are trained in many of the latest assessment, corrective exercise, and strength and conditioning philosophies, including:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists through the NSCA
- Strong First Certified
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA)
- Postural Restoration Institute (PRI)
- Precision Nutrition