Physical Therapy Students
Spectrum PTAT is designed to provide physical therapy students with a comprehensive learning experience that will dramatically improve your clinical skills. You will have an opportunity to work in a dynamic integrated model of sports performance, adult fitness, and physical therapy. Under the supervision of the Spectrum team, you will participate in working with a variety of adult and youth clients including high school, collegiate and professional athletes.
Weekly staff in-services, independent learning, and one-on-one learning experiences are scheduled throughout the internship covering a variety of topics each week. In addition, interns may participate in any learning opportunities, such as seminars, that are hosted at Spectrum during the internship.
HOW TO APPLY
We accept physical therapy students throughout the year and have many pre-established relationships with schools. If interested, you should first reach out to your school to see if we have an existing relationship. If we do not, you can give your school our contact information to reach out.
Our rotation spots are limited, and we have many students applying. All physical therapy students must apply and undergo an interview prior to being selected.
Hours vary based on time of year but include a variety of times including Saturdays, early mornings, and evening hours. At times during the sports seasons, we are open until as late as 9:30 PM.
- Excellent work ethic to get the most out of your opportunity.
- Strong desire to advance yourself and your skills.
- Eagerness and open-mindedness in learning the Spectrum System.
- Good people skills, communication skills, and professional presentation to allow interactions with clients, parents, coaches, and other Spectrum team members.
- Uphold all the Spectrum Core Values at all times.
We have two locations: 180 Old Tappan Rd. Bldg.6 (HSS Participating Location) and 1203 River Rd. Edgewater, NJ. We have everything you need to achieve your goals.
- Combined 6000 sq.ft. of total space.
- 2 Private physical therapy treatment areas
- Strength and conditioning area with over 500 sqft of athletic turf available
- Advanced physical therapy and recovery equipment
- Complete strength and conditioning equipment with dumbbells, free weights, squat racks, Olympic platform, deadlift area, glute-ham developer, slide boards, work out rig, Universal, and more
- Functional training equipment like TRX, kettlebells, ropes, medicine balls, sandbags, sleds, hurdles, and agility ladders
- High speed motion analysis for sports mechanics
- Abundant parking at each location.